- This policy covers how the Clayton Chamber of Commerce (CCC) treats personal information that we collect and receive regarding information related to your use of CCC products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that CCC does not own or control, or to people that CCC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- When you register for a CCC event, we ask that you provide basic contact information such as your name, address and e-mail address. In addition, other questions specifically for an event might be asked and recorded so as to better equip the event hosts for customizing their events.
- Upon successful registration, you automatically opt in for CCC service communications, as specified on the Web form.
- CCC collects personal information when you register with CCC, when you use CCC products or services, when you visit CCC pages or the pages of certain CCC partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. CCC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- CCC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, CCC cookie information, and the page you request.
- CCC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting.
- Computer configuration: We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed.
- Referral, clickstream and site interaction data: We may also record the URL you linked from to get to the Web site, your clickstream through and from our Web site, and other generally accepted tracking information.
- E-mail delivery and open rates: To help us make our e-mails more useful and interesting, and to ensure that we are delivering the services you have ordered, we often receive a confirmation when you receive and/or open e-mail from CCC.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information, and treat it in accordance with this policy.
- Customer and order data from our partners: If you registered directly with a business partner for which we provide fulfillment or other services, your account information and order information is passed to us.
- Updated delivery and address information: We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
- Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- CCC displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. CCC does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. CCC sends e-mail communications to our users in connection with our providing the CCC services. The following outlines the types of e-mail CCC sends to our users, and the choices you have about which messages to receive.
- Messages required to service event registrations: CCC will send you an e-mail notifying you of your event details. We may also send you communications related to your upcoming event, for example reminding you of the details, or when those details change.
- Messages required to service your CCC account: CCC may send newly registered users a welcoming e-mail, as well as messages confirming each event you register for; confirming your account changes; inviting you to participate in customer surveys; and informing you of important product or service updates related to our core business.
- Marketing messages about CCC: We may send you marketing messages related to our services you receive, for example, encouraging you to register for more events or to extend your Web event presence.
- Optional marketing messages from CCC: Registered users may also occasionally receive information or special promotions from CCC about additional services. You may update your preference with regard to receiving such messages by opting out in the footer of each e-mail.
- Optional marketing messages from trusted third parties: With your consent, CCC may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties so that you may receive information or opportunities from them about relevant products and services they offer. You may update your preference by opting out in the footer of each e-mail.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the CCC solution services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your CCC account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
“No Spyware” Policy
- CCC does not contain Spyware. Spyware is software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge. This can include centrally recording your personal Internet usage, monitoring your keyboard strokes or capturing personal information. If you think that you downloaded and/or installed spyware, we suggest reporting it on the alt. Privacy spyware newsgroup – available on all Google Groups.
- CCC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your CCC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please use the following contact information:
Clayton Chamber of Commerce
225 S. Meramec Avenue, Suite 300
Clayton, MO 63105